BISMARCK, ND – The North Dakota Industrial Commission approved the allocation of $200,000 today through Helping Housing Across North Dakota (HAND). Helping HAND supports the needs of lower-income households through grants to targeted single-family housing rehabilitation programs. North Dakota Housing Finance Agency (NDHFA) is the program administrator.
“Helping HAND ensures North Dakotans of modest means have safe and comfortable homes,” said commission members in a joint statement. The Industrial Commission, consisting of Gov. Doug Burgum as chairman, Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring and Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem, oversees NDHFA.
The 2019 grant distribution is as follows:
- Community Action Partnership, Dickinson/Williston, $15,633.
- Community Action Partnership, Minot, $19,823.
- Dakota Prairie Community Action Agency, Devils Lake, $16,242.
- Red River Valley Community Action, Grand Forks, $24,098.
- Southeastern ND Community Action Agency, Fargo, $36,166.
- Community Action Region VI, Jamestown, $10,749.
- Community Action Program Region VII, Bismarck, $27,689.
- Spirit Lake Tribal Housing, Fort Totten, $44,000.
- Habitat for Humanity Northern Lights, Minot, $4,000.
- Rebuilding Together, Fargo, $800.
- Rebuilding Together, Mandan, $800.
Helping HAND grants address the needs of households with incomes that do not exceed 80 percent of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s median for the county in which the property is located. Grant recipients must provide a local match of 25 percent to access the program dollars.
“Through Helping HAND, North Dakota Housing Finance Agency has allocated more than $6 million of its earnings to non-profit organizations assisting more than 7,000 lower-income individuals and families statewide,” said Jolene Kline, the agency’s executive director.
NDHFA is a self-supporting state agency dedicated to making housing affordable for all North Dakotans. More information on the agency and the affordable housing programs it administers is available online at www.ndhfa.org.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Sarah Mudder at (701) 328-8056 or email@example.com.
Karlene K. Fine, Executive Director and Secretary
State Capitol, 144h Floor - 600 E Boulevard Ave Dept 405 - Bismarck, ND 58505-0840
Phone: (701) 328-3722 FAX: (701) 328-2820