BISMARCK, ND – The North Dakota Industrial Commission voted today to allocate $200,000 through Helping Housing Across North Dakota (Helping HAND), a state program that aids organizations that provide home construction and rehab assistance to lower-income North Dakotans. The program is administered by North Dakota Housing Finance Agency (NDHFA).
“The grants provided through Helping HAND typically support weatherization and rehabilitation programs ensuring North Dakotans of modest means have a safe and comfortable place to call home,” said commission members in a joint statement. The Industrial Commission, consisting of Gov. Doug Burgum as chairman, Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring and Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem, oversees NDHFA.
The 2018 funds will be distributed as follows:
- Southeastern ND Community Action Agency, Fargo, $56,700.
- Red River Valley Community Action, Grand Forks, $30,595.
- Community Action Partnership, Minot, $24,389.
- Community Action Partnership, Dickinson/Williston, $19,851.
- Dakota Prairie Community Action Agency, Devils Lake, $21,924.
- Community Action Region VI, Jamestown, $15,442.
- Trenton Indian Service Area, Trenton, $7,333.
- Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa, Belcourt, $7,333.
- Spirit Lake Tribal Housing, Fort Totten, $7,333.
- Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity, Fargo, $4,000.
- Red River Valley Habitat for Humanity, Grand Forks, $3,500.
- Rebuilding Together, Fargo, $800.
- Rebuilding Together, Mandan, $800.
Grant recipients must provide a local match of 25 percent to access the program dollars.
“Through Helping HAND, North Dakota Housing Finance Agency has allocated over $5 million of agency earnings to non-profit organizations assisting more than 5,000 lower-income households statewide,” said Jolene Kline, the agency’s executive director.
NDHFA is a self-supporting state agency dedicated to making housing affordable for all North Dakotans. More information on the agency and the affordable housing programs it administers is available online at www.ndhfa.org.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Sarah Mudder at (701) 328-8056 or email@example.com.
Karlene Fine, Executive Director & Secretary
State Capitol, 14th Floor - 600 E Boulevard Ave Dept 405 - Bismarck, ND 58505-0840
PHONE: 701-328-3722 FAX: 701-328-2820
“Your Gateway to North Dakota”: www.nd.gov