COMMISSION APPROVES DISTRIBUTION OF HOUSING REHAB GRANTS
BISMARCK, ND – The North Dakota Industrial Commission has approved North Dakota Housing Finance Agency’s (NDHFA) planned distribution of almost $200,000 in housing rehab assistance.
“Helping HAND assists North Dakotans of limited means in maintaining their home, ensuring it’s safe and keeping it affordable,” said Commission members in a joint statement. The Industrial Commission, consisting of Gov. Doug Burgum as chairman, Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring and Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem, oversees NDHFA.
Through Helping HAND, NDHFA provides grants to targeted community groups. The assistance is used to rehab single-family homes occupied by lower-income individuals and families. The 2021 grant distribution follows:
- Community Action Partnership, Dickinson/Williston, $14,991
- Community Action Partnership, Minot, $16,946
- Dakota Prairie Community Action Agency, Devils Lake, $13,934
- Red River Valley Community Action, Grand Forks, $20,612
- Southeastern ND Community Action Agency, Fargo, $44,635
- Community Action Region VI, Jamestown, $10,486
- Community Action Program Region VII, Bismarck, $24,796
- Spirit Lake Tribal Housing, Fort Totten, $14,666
- Trenton Indian Service Area, Trenton, $14,666
- Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa, Belcourt, $14,666
- Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity, Fargo, $4,000
- Northern Lights Habitat for Humanity, Minot, $4,000
- Rebuilding Together, Fargo, $800
- Rebuilding Together, Mandan, $800
To receive assistance through Helping HAND, a household’s income cannot exceed 80% of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s median for the county in which a home is located. Matching funds of at least 25% percent of the total project costs are also required to access the grant dollars.
“North Dakota Housing Finance Agency has allocated more than $6.4 million in agency earnings since the Helping HAND program began in 1993 to assist more than 7,600 lower-income individuals and families statewide,” said Dave Flohr, NDHFA executive director.
NDHFA is a self-supporting state agency dedicated to making housing affordable for all North Dakotans. More information on the agency and the affordable housing programs it administers is available online at www.ndhfa.org.
Media Contact: Sarah Mudder at (701) 328-8056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.